Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Disney...almost done

Sunday we went to Animal Kingdom. What an adventurous day! We didn't get up as early as we wanted, so we got there about 10 I think. Well they closed at 5 so we figured we would just do what we could. The first ride we rode was Kali River Rapids. BIG MISTAKE. Last time we were at Disney we rode it and got a little wet...this time we got SOAKED! I don't mean wet I mean DRENCHED. And let me tell you Sarah was NOT happy about that! Anna loved it. I hate walking around in wet denim shorts. And not to mention I had on a white tee shirt that luckily had some strategically placed pictures!!! Course its my fault I'm the one that suggested it, but I never thought we'd get that wet. Oh well got a new T-shirt out of it LOL. Then we ran to get fast passes for Everest(we had already got fast passes for the safari ride) The Safari ride was ridiculous. We had Tony Stewart for a driver. It was like look there's an elephant...zoommmmm It was slamming on the brakes or slamming on the gas. One time she hit a bump and I am not kidding we all came a good foot off of our chairs..I have bruises....after surviving that crazy ride we had lunch at Tusker House. This had the best food. Corn-dogs, mac-n-cheese, and pizza for kids(thank you) roast and mashed potatoes for me(thank you) and crazy African food for Steve(he loved it) The desserts were AWESOME. They had these strawberry mousse in edible chocolate cups!!! Then after that we were off to Everest. I had never ridden this so had no idea what it was other then a roller coaster. Again we did a ride swap so Steve stayed with Sarah. Anna and I got on and oh wow....it goes backwards....lets just say Steve did not ride this one. After seeing the look on Anna and my face(and all the African food) he decided against it! By eating at Tusker house we got VIP seating for the Nemo stage show. It was cute. A little weird cause the fish are puppets, but the puppeteers wear weird costumes and dance around...but the puppets were really pretty. So by now we were running out of time and every time I go to Animal Kingdom I never get to go to Dino land..so we ran there and were able to do ALL the rides we wanted to before they closed. And let me inform you that the Dinosaur ride is not a slow happy informative ride. It's scary! I don't think Anna opened her eyes through the entire ride! So now that Animal Kingdom closed we decided to go to down town Disney for Wolf Gang's again. Then we did some shopping.
Sunday was our last day, but we had 2 tickets left so the game plan was to go to Epcot so Stephen could eat lunch at Morocco(a favorite last time) then spend the rest of the day at Magic Kingdom. What we didn't know is that if you don't buy the park hopper option you can't go to 2 parks, even if you have 2 tickets!! Made me pretty mad, but oh well. So we spent the day at Epcot, got to see Minnie again. For supper that night we ate at the Grand Floridian. What a HUGE disappointment. I booked it cause you got to see the evil stepsisters and mother and supposedly prince charming. Well the food was awful. I mean even Stephen couldn't find anything good. The evil stepsisters were annoying, which is probably how eating with them is suppose to be. Cinderella spent all of 2 seconds with us. No prince charming!! However the Fairy Godmother was very nice! So after that we went back to the hotel to let the girls play at the pool and pack.
Monday morning we were suppose to leave early but Stephen was very sweet and took us to Magic Kingdom for breakfast and one more ride on the carousel. It meant leaving late, but I wanted to use my last ticket just for the fact they wouldn't let me use it the day before. It was nice. We even got to see Aerial before we left! It was a LONG 12 hour ride home since we had to stop 6 times...but an absolutely amazing vacation. So blessed that I got to spend such a magical time with my family. And with that I will leave you with the words of Sarah when asked if she wanted to ride one more ride...."I done, that's enough"

Disney part 3

1 comment:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.